VIP 211 remote?

jmy2469

Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
nj
I have all of my home theater gear in the basement. I have the VIP 211. When I got my television for my bedroom upstairs,I just ran a cable right from the 211 in the basement right to the back of my television in the bedroom upstairs. Here is the only problem,when I want to change channels now,I have to run down to the basement. Is there another remote that I can buy so I can change the channels and control the television upstairs in my bedroom? Thanks for the help. John

Would you happen to know which one you used? I tried using one of the leapfrog ones,could not get it to work at all. I sent it back.

I was just looking at the uhf pro kit. Don't want to mess around with extenders,I tried them before,can't get them to work. Thanks for the help

Well you will HAVE to get a UHF kit because the 211 doesn't do it by itself. Like N0qcu said, it's IR only. But I wouldn't even do that.... I would do what most people do and get a dual receiver. Have you're main HDTV by the box, and split the rest of your house off of TV2 with a UHF remote. If you're under contract the upgrade will be minimal.

The ones i used were from Radio Shack. Both the transmitter and receiver were pyramid shaped and ac powered.

These are still available from X10.com. They cost around $20 and will control any IR remote devices in its view.

Don't plan on keep dish. Once FIOS is available here, we are going to change.
Are they currently installing in your area? If not, you probably won't ever get it. They (Verizon) has suspended new markets roll-outs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)