vip 211 upgrade fiasco!

gbrowndsl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
First call to upgrade went fine, upgraded to the vip 211, tech said I need no upgrade to the dish 500 I have. Gave them my cc for the $49 and was good to go.

Then I learned otherwise about the dish requirement thanks to this forum.

Called back, another tech, claims that I was misinformed and that all morning they have been taking orders on the 211 for shipment to the customer when they should be arranging for installation of the new dish also.

Ended up being I have to call back in 24-48 hrs were his instructions. They are trying to recall my order. I spent lots of time on hold....I dont think any of them are up to speed on the new stuff today.

wow.

I had a similar experience. Posted in the upgrade comments thread. Ended up calling tech support. Install tomorrow.

Just got thru with my 211 order. Live in okla and I have a small dish for 61.5 and a dish 500. Had a csr that knew nothing about the new deal for the 811. She said that I would have to have a dish 1000 for the new HD channels, and that without it I could not pick up the Voom channels. Getting Voom now, and I know better, but after 25 minutes I just said ok. Install date is Feb 3 Fingers are crossed.