VIP RECEIVER as OTA DVR?

dialupgirl

Original poster
Aug 7, 2023
U.S.
Hello. I am trying to replace a Dish PAL DVR. We like the PAL because we can record OTA for free and still get a bit of the Dish programming guide. It is finally failing. Were the VIP receivers the replacement for the PAL DVR? Could I use a VIP as an OTA DVR and still get the guide, without paying Dish?

Hello. I am trying to replace a Dish PAL DVR. We like the PAL because we can record OTA for free and still get a bit of the Dish programming guide. It is finally failing. Were the VIP receivers the replacement for the PAL DVR? Could I use a VIP as an OTA DVR and still get the guide, without paying Dish?
Should be able to. May occasionally see a message about not being authorized though.

You might not get proper guide data for your local channels when using a VIP. Maybe all your PAL needs is for you to replace the harddrive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts