Joey 4s.

I think you’d need to post this in the Dish Network forum. Perhaps a Mod will move it for you.

Reactions: charlesrshell
there system wont let you get joey 4 with getting hopper plus... most likely there order system is what wont ( they want people to pay for something that is no required imo) , but joey 4 will work with out hopper plus as it dont need it or require it for it to function that included the android portion

there system wont let you get joey 4 with getting hopper plus... most likely there order system is what wont ( they want people to pay for something that is no required imo) , but joey 4 will work with out hopper plus as it dont need it or require it for it to function that included the android portion
Considering there is no monthly charge for the Hopper+ or Joey 4, your argument that they want you to pay for something that you don't need holds no water. You can order the Hopper+ and Joey 4 and simply remove the Hopper+ after installation is the ticket.

Considering there is no monthly charge for the Hopper+ or Joey 4, your argument that they want you to pay for something that you don't need holds no water. You can order the Hopper+ and Joey 4 and simply remove the Hopper+ after installation is the ticket.
Do you need the Hopper+ in order to install the Joey 4? For example, if someone wanted to buy just a Joey (no Hopper +) 4 to replace an existing Joey 3, can it be done, and will Dish allow it?

I know there is no additional monthly charge for the Hopper + but are you sure there is no monthly charge for the Joey 4? If so it would be cheaper to replace Joey 3’s with Joey 4’s to reduce the monthly equipment charge. I would like to add a Joey 4 for my basement TV since it would do 4K while the current Dish Anywhere starts at a very low resolution and maxes out at 720P.
I have a Toshiba Fire TV that I watch when using my exercise bike. Charles can check his monthly bill since he has the Hopper+ and Joey 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there is no additional monthly charge for the Hopper + but are you sure there is no monthly charge for the Joey 4? If so it would be cheaper to replace Joey 3’s with Joey 4’s to reduce the monthly equipment charge. I would like to add a Joey 4 for my basement TV since it would do 4K while the current Dish Anywhere starts at a very low resolution and maxes out at 720P.
I have a Toshiba Fire TV that I watch when using my exercise bike. Charles can check his monthly bill since he has the Hopper+ and Joey 4.

There is no charge for the advanced technology in the Joey 4 but, yes, you still have to pay your receiver fee for it. I left that part out because I thought the Joey 4 was going to replace another Joey. There is no difference in the monthly cost between the Joey 4 and all other Joeys. The main thrust of my comments were about the suggestion that Dish was forcing the Hopper+ in addition the Joey 4 to make additional money.

I know Dish wouldn't sell me a J4, SolidSignal is selling them. But the question is: can I just swap my J3 for a J4. I have no interest in the Hopper+ because I use my smart TV for all my streaming needs.
Then you really have little need of the Joey 4 if you generally stream from your smart TV. That is if your Joey 3 location has a smart TV.

Then you really have little need of the Joey 4 is you generally stream from your smart TV. That is if your Joey 3 location has a smart TV.

My reason for wanting a Joey 4 is the fact that it will display 4K HDR broadcasts on channels 540-01 and 540-02. The Current Joey 4K does not work on channels 540-01 and 540-02 since it can not display HDR.

I currently use Dish Anywhere for my basement Toshiba Fire TV. But Dish crippled Dish Anywhere so that it now starts off at a low resolution of 240p. It takes up to 4 minutes before the resolution finally reaches 720p. It never gets any higher than 720p even though my home network speeds are gigabit. It also often pauses as if buffering when skipping ahead through commercials. The Joey 4 would allow me to watch 4K HDR content while riding my exercise bike in the basement.

But why not just use the hopper+ and have all your tvs match and use a single remote for everything?

For one thing I have 2 Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 client. I have no problem using Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV to access streaming content. Although the Hopper + has become more stable it still has quite a few problems.
Multiview for example is not available when using the Hopper +.

Reactions: Bobby and HipKat
I know Dish wouldn't sell me a J4, SolidSignal is selling them. But the question is: can I just swap my J3 for a J4. I have no interest in the Hopper+ because I use my smart TV for all my streaming needs.
Yes you can just Swap it.
The Hopper+ ONLY adds AndroidOS to the Hopper. It has nothing to do wit the Joeys. All this is already built into the Joey 4's

No monthly charge, but isn't there a $50 charge for the hopper+ & then they will want to charge you for a technician visit.
If you can even find anyone that knows about the joey 4. I tried a few weeks ago to add a wireless joey 4 & could never find anyone
that would even agree that there was one available. Even the installler denied it.

is it that simple? I have 2 wireless joeys and would really like to have the wireless joey 4 on one of the tv's.
If I purchased one could I install it myself? would it download the proper software itself?

is it that simple? I have 2 wireless joeys and would really like to have the wireless joey 4 on one of the tv's.
If I purchased one could I install it myself? would it download the proper software itself?
You would definitely have to deactivate the existing Joey and activate the new one. That requires a call to DISH.

We know that activating a new purchased Joey 4 would require a call for Dish to activate the Joey 4 and add it to our account.

But does the Joey 4 require any files to be downloaded? Under Technician Settings one of the choices is to “Download ATV Files”.
Is this a step that needs to be done before the Joey 4 will work?
Or will the Joey 4 do this all by itself?
Again I am asking this assuming that a Hopper + is not being installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts