VIP 211 with 2 hoppers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bruno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
My friend got 2 hoppers installed and Dish called him and told him he needed to send back his 211 it was a leased unit. He uses the 211 when he goes camping and tailgating. Can you not have a 211 if you have Hoppers??? Dish told heim he needed to send a copy of his camping trailer.

They sent him a box to send back the 211.

Yes, I went through the VERY same thing w/my leased 211k; this was after I confirmed multiple times w/the E* CSR when I got my H/J upgrades, that I COULD keep it. So after they shut it off & the tech took it, I INSISTED - & got - a FREE, owned replacement 211k from E*. (unfortunately, it was a refurbed 211k, while the leased one I had was brand new...but I guess I can't complain too much about FREE...) I was NEVER asked about having to "prove" I had a trailer, or anything like that...

You don't have to have any reason to have the 211 receiver but it is suppose to be a purchased unit. The purpose of that receiver is really none of their business just as long as it is not being used for someone else's main use of TV.

I don't buy the account stacking claim. The install is easily handled with a DPP44, and installers know how to use those already. So I still call this "idiocy".

I don't buy the account stacking claim. The install is easily handled with a DPP44, and installers know how to use those already. So I still call this "idiocy".

If only you ran the policies at Dish...

FYI most installers I've talked to didn't even believe it was technically possible to hook up a ViP receiver to the same dish at the same time as a Hopper setup until I showed them myself how I've done it. Just like they aren't trained for three-plus Hopper setups. Just about every tech I've had over has been wowed. Add to that a Joey on WiFi and they are seriously impressed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Last edited:
The main reason you can't have any vip equipment on a Hopper account is to avoid consumer and CSR confusion. Most customers have no idea what equipment they have in the first place and it is hard enough to help a customer over the phone when you do know the equipment they have. I'm guessing they allow purchased receivers on an account because most customers who own their equipment are a little more tech savvy and know what they have. Most people who have purchased equipment are using it for travel or tailgating as well.

The main reason you can't have any vip equipment on a Hopper account is to avoid consumer and CSR confusion. Most customers have no idea what equipment they have in the first place and it is hard enough to help a customer over the phone when you do know the equipment they have. I'm guessing they allow purchased receivers on an account because most customers who own their equipment are a little more tech savvy and know what they have. Most people who have purchased equipment are using it for travel or tailgating as well.

That explanation is a little more plausible, but still the policy is idiotic IMHO. By the way, I own my 722, so why am I not allowed to keep it when I upgrade? (Yea, it's not a 211.) I installed my 722 myself; I repaired it myself; I even cobbled together my own DPP32 switch out of a cannibalized DPP twin... Bah, humbug.

Thanks for all the answers...I have sent the answers to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)