ViP 211k error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Sorry for the lack of details - I will hopefully get the exact error the next time this happens.

So... until then, I thought I'd ask you all.

I've had my Dish for over a year now. I've got the ViP211k and in the past couple of weeks, I continue getting an error (I also have the 722k and have no issues)

The error in question (insert lack of detail here....) states that I need to press channel up or down on the remote to selet a new channel, or press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Pressing the channel buttons accomplish nothing, but a quick reset of the box fixes everything. The only thing that has me worried, is that I find I'm doing this 2-3 times a week now when I've never seen it before.

I know.. I know. I really need the exact error code. But does anyone have any idea of what is/could be going on? Not sure if this is something I should just sit tight and wait for an update, or if I should be making some phone calls to get a new box. Once I do get the error code, I will be sure to post it on here, and also check out the tech portal for the answer.

Thanks, and hopefully someone has some good news for me?

It's error 004. Says its an error in the switch. Does that mean it's an error in the LNB on the dish, or is it an error in the splitters that Dish took over when they installed in place on Comcast?

Go to Menu>6>1>3 and see if everything checks out good or gives a warning message. If you get a warning that there is LNB drift, replace the LNB. If it checks good, replace receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)