vip 211k hd woes

tutank123

Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
NW Texas
Has anyone actually connected only an Invacom quad circular port directly to their subscribed 211 receiver and get the thing to work past the continual searching and partial guide loop? Signal averages 75%. Only a few transponders complete the progress from 0 to 5, guide starts but never completes. Using Fortec 1 M dish and Stab motor with Fortec Star Mercury 11 receiver to locate satellites from here in NW Texas. Satellite at 82 gives me all the Bell guide but a message states that I am not subscribed, which I am not. Changed initial set up recently as I have lost signal over 190 times in last year according to Dish counter. Have more details to follow if this blurb gets responsive replies. First time on this site.

PS I am subscribed to Siver HD. Thanks,

Ron

Hi, try moving the dish to 129 west or 61.5 west and then run a check switch on the 211 receiver. Does the 211 see the Invacom quad as a legacy LNB? If so it should work.

If it does work do not move the dish while the 211 receiver is plugged in. Doing so will cause loss of signal and other issues.

A cheap surge strip can be used as a switch to turn the 211 off when you want to move the dish.

I think you will have to run the check switch again if you move the dish to a different dishnetwork satellite.

Hope this helps, DC

Thanks for your suggestions. Switch tested for both alternate and super dish finds 1 port, no signal, Good connection. Sat row and trans row nothing. Used both switch tests for 38 and 50 tests. Noted that my 211 changed from HD to SD. I found 129 using Fortec Mercury receiver-Stab motor with good strengths and then disconnected the Mercury power and connected the 211 receiver. HELP suggests that I re peak and turn off receiver for 30 min. Prior to saving the switch tests the set up showed , 1,2,3 ports but no 4th port and green for 110, 119 and 129. Will turn of for 30 min and then re check peaking of dish. Again thanks.

Great I re booted and now 129 is recognized and working. Delta Charlie your info was the crucial issue I was missing. Many, many thanks. I also have the Chaperral broadband feed, Norsat lnas which we used to call lnbs and the panasat 3500 SD. But C band needs to wait until I fabricate a bracket for the feedhorn.
Best,
Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)