vip 211k or 222k

cdogg311

Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
midwest usa
ok wanting to purchase another receiver and cant decide between 211 or 222. i want to control 2 tvs but also want dvr capability. i currently have a 722k for my hdtv and standard tv but will be adding another hd tv and standard tv as well. could i get the 222 and add external hard drive or can i get the 211 add the harddrive and just splice the signal from the 211 to another tv? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

yeah the 722 are pretty expensive to buy outright. b/c i wasnt wanting to have another contract on the new receiver whichever one i purchased. but i may have to so i wont spend so much at once.

Buy two 211ks. It'll probably be cheaper than one 722 and the fees will be less ($14 vs $17). Plus both can be turned into DVRs with a single $40 payment and the addition of an external HDD. New ones range from $100 - $120. I think Dishstore has them for $119 new. I've seen them go under $100 on eBay auctions.

Laddyboy said:
Buy two 211ks. It'll probably be cheaper than one 722 and the fees will be less ($14 vs $17). Plus both can be turned into DVRs with a single $40 payment and the addition of an external HDD. New ones range from $100 - $120. I think Dishstore has them for $119 new. I've seen them go under $100 on eBay auctions.

I keep seeing posts that say the 222 isnt capable of using an ehdd. Whats the facts.
The training at my LSC isnt all that great, half of my technical questions go un answered.

I keep seeing posts that say the 222 isnt capable of using an ehdd. Whats the facts.
The training at my LSC isnt all that great, half of my technical questions go un answered.

Fact is 222 does not support EHD. I read it has something to do with problems stemming from second tuner without having to reinvent the software. It seems plans to make it work have been abandoned.

I was quoted $149 from Dish last week for a 211 - bought one for $85 delivered from e-bay last week.

yeah been checking on ebay. but am gonna make sure to buy a new 211k so hopefully it wont have any problems being activated. so it shouldnt be a problem for me to install myself and setup. Is the only thing i need to do after hooking up all wires is call dish to give numbers off of receiver and do the $40 one time dvr fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)