VIP 211z on a dish DP plus 500

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
Guys I have a VIP211k reciever hooked to a DP plus dish 500 satellite antenna
I would like to add a new VIP211z to the same Dish antenna. (That 211z is hooked to a tailgator right now.
The LNB has four places to hook coax to it. Viewing the lnb straight into the coax fittings from left to right the coax fittings are numbered 1 and then 2, there is no fitting on the third place
and the fourth fitting is numbered: LNB I N. I had an extra LNB laying around.

I have not taken the installed LNB apart yet to see which fitting of the first two are being used but I planned on hooking a short coax to the fitting not used. then hooking that to my VIP 211z If I dont mess up the focus on the dish will this work???

NO NO NO You have a Dish Pro Plus Twin it has 2 outputs on the left side marked 1&2 they go to the receivers the one on the right is marked INPUT that is to add another satellite dish such as a 129 dish.

NO NO NO You have a Dish Pro Plus Twin it has 2 outputs on the left side marked 1&2 they go to the receivers the one on the right is marked INPUT that is to add another satellite dish such as a 129 dish.
You are quite right. Now. Will this dish work on my 211z????? Thanks for the answer boba.

If you have a free output, you can connect the ViP211z.

You need to be orders of magnitude more careful about accurately relating what your setup is or you're going to get bad information (and/or a stern lecture) back.

It sounds to me like you have something different than what you said or what boba guessed. A picture would probably help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts