Vip 222 color fluctuation problem

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I've got intermittent color fluctuation with my vip222. Actually, this is the second one that is having the same problem. Came from the same sub.

I had talked about this problem before in a different thread. I've taken a video of it and posted it here : YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Would you receiver tech folks take a look at it and tell me what you think may be going on. Again, this is the second receiver, only does it on the SD Outputs of the 222. I can make it go away by switching the shared view setting, but it comes back in between 5-30 minutes. It does not happen all the time, but when it does, it's almost unwatchable.

The fact that you have two boxes with the same problem, are you sure the problem is not the TV input?

Very sure. I've tried switching inputs. Just to make sure it wasn't the input or the TV, I hooked up my DVD player up to all of the SD inputs, using the same cables. It was fine. Nice steady color. The problem follows it to all the SD inputs. I switched out cables to make sure I didn't have a bad cable. I tried using the composite, S-Video and RF outputs. All the same thing. Again, it only does it on the SD inputs.

Incase your thinking, why not use the HD outputs? It's a 4:3 HD Sony that has auto compression that you can not disable. So, when it see's a 720 or 1080 input, it compresses the signal to 16:9 and an SD channel only is on half the screen. If I watch it on an SD input, with the SD outputs from the receiver, then it fills up the screen.

The problem is getting worse the longer I have the receiver. It happens more frequently and the color fluctuations is more pronounced.

I upgraded to the vip222 from a vip211. I had absolutely no issues what so ever with the vip211.

Anyone??

The fact that you have two boxes with the same problem, are you sure the problem is not the TV input?

I've posted my confirmations regarding this problem in the other thread he is talking about. My previous and now my current 222 do the same thing. This is a ViP222 problem.

I've posted my confirmations regarding this problem in the other thread he is talking about. My previous and now my current 222 do the same thing. This is a ViP222 problem.

You make 5 different people who I know of that is having the same problem. When you call and talk to customer service, they make it sound like you are smokin' dope. I have an email in with ceo... hope we can get something figured out.

Do any of you experts have any clues? Anyone with any thoughts? Man I sure could use some help here. Nothing I've done seems to make any difference. My wife is starting to get that look in her eyes, and it's not the "come get me" look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)