VIP 222...Good or Bad idea?

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
Ok, heres goes....i currently have 4 VIP 211's for 4 tv's. I was planning on getting rid of 3 of the 211's because: (1) now it's just me and the boss here, and i don't need dish on every tv! and (2) i'm getting tired of paying "Sir Charles" 7 bucks a month for each receiver! (and i own them!). BUT the boss says we have to have dish on "her" tv, and not just on the 65" in the family room. SO, gotta have the HD in the family room, and she doesn't care if "her" tv has it or not, so i thought about going with the 222. I've read some post with problems with the 222's and some post that they work fine. So now, if you were in my shoes, would you go with the VIP 222 or not?
p.s....we don't need the dvr...............
Thanks for any ideas!

I went from a 211 to a 222 about 8 months ago. The 211 IS more stable than the 211, no doubt about it. I have one TV in the bedroom, one TV in the living room. I found that the 222 is more stable in single mode rather than used as two receivers. It's ok for me though because either we are watching the TV in the BR or the one in the LR and I like the PIP I get in the single mode.
If you need to have two separate tuners, may be best to just keep two of the 211's rather than going with the 222. OR, if you can get by with only being able to watch one picture at a time, use one 211 with spliters - all of the outputs are hot!
Good luck. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts