VIP 222 guide

ricochet913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Western Virginia
Hey all

the guide on my VIP 222 dish network receiver get very slow at night. When you push up or down to scroll through it, it gets very laggy. Is there a fix for this issue?

Are the lights in the house affecting thr ir from the remote? Just a thought since it is at night, and you didnt say if thr lights are on or off.

this happened to me also when i first activated dual mode. . .

what i remember doing was returning it to single mode then dual mode. . .

my wife just told me it happened again last night, and it only happened because i had to disconnect the power plug because it was stuck on 2 of 5 update for the entire day. . .today its back to normal.

I don't see whether we are talking about your main tv or tv 2.If tv 2 remote giving you problems you may need to run a UHF antenna extender.A little more info would be helpful.

if i understand his problem correctly its just what happen to me.

it happens with both tv1 and 2 and you could be a foot from the receiver with new batteries and it still happens.

when you select anything but ppl will mostly see it when in the menu while pressin up or down you then need to wait about 4 seconds before it changes to your selection.

just think about everything in delay reaction.

Delay on my 222 remote too

Same slow delay with my remote of the vip 222 receiver. Could it have been a recent update??? This is very annoying.
And yes, batteries are good. :confused:

Last edited:
We have 222ks, and I found some option under the System Wizard to help remember my settings for the remote to recognize the TV. I think it is the zero key. However, I was not able to easily find it on my relative's 222. So, I am not sure if this will help. I noticed a lag in both of the 222ks particularly in the guide; apparently, the remote was not remembering the TV settings if I remember correctly. I had to do this to all four remotes. Maybe 222 does not have the system wizard option, though. I am not sure, but I hope this may help someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)