VIP 411 picture freezing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
All of a sudden the satellite picture on my 411 is freezing. If I go to an OTA station it plays nice. Go back to a satellite channel the picture is frozen. Even when I go to a different satellite channel, the picture is the frozen picture from the first channel BUT the sound is from the second.

Now when I go to the guide or to the Menu screens the picture is fine. Now 1 other thing that has been happening. Up to about 2 or 3 weeks ago, the receiver would go to the standby mode during the night like my other 2 211's but about 2 or 3 weeks ago we find the receiver has shut completely off. We have to turn it on from the remote. Haven't seen what happens if I shut it off from the front panel.

Any ideas? I hope the receiver is dying on me.

Well I noticed that the latest firmware update was 5.27. It was loaded on 11/05/09. This is about the time I noticed the receiver shutting of instead of going to standby at night. Could be a firmware problem.
Edit 1: I did a front reset and the receiver video is fine now.
I did sent an EMAIL to Dish Tech Support to see what they say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts