VIP 612 1 year later

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChuckPav

Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
hoffman Estates Illinois
Ok heres my 2cents worth. After my original 612 was replaced and the new one was doing the same thing (mini screen freezes and sound burrrps) i went online and found info that suggested i use component instead of hdmi. I did that and almost all of the problems went away. so i tried switching from my panasonic thx50u plasma to my sony xbr and lo and behold the hdmi didn't work well there either. After much talking with DNetwork they say that they aren't aware of many problems of this nature.......are you kidding me??? So 1 year later i tried again...same result, so i will stay with the component hook ups. By the way i have a friend who has direct tv and he has had the same problems. Sounds like it's an industry standard problem that we have to work around by ourselves....i really like the fact that there are so many people submitting to this forum....it actually makes you feel a little better to know you are not alone in this struggle.

As long as Dish doesn't honor the broadcast flag on the component connection, you should be OK. Using a decent quality component cable, you should still get a great picture. I've tried both the HDMI and Component on my 622 and really couldn't tell a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)