VIP 612 DVR Spontaneously Recording Live TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robnashville

Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
North Carolina
two or three times in the last day or so my Vip 612 Dvr has started spontaneously recording live tv without me doing anything to prompt it to do so. I have unplugged the unit to let it re-boot, but I'm wondering if this is a known defect for the unit, ... i read a few other threads on the unit and they seem a bit buggy... any help would be much appreciated.

two or three times in the last day or so my Vip 612 Dvr has started spontaneously recording live tv without me doing anything to prompt it to do so. I have unplugged the unit to let it re-boot, but I'm wondering if this is a known defect for the unit, ... i read a few other threads on the unit and they seem a bit buggy... any help would be much appreciated.
I have a 612 but haven't had this problem. Do any of your neighbor's have dish? I'm wondering if you're getting some stray remote signals... especially if you're using the UHF remote.

I have a 612 but haven't had this problem. Do any of your neighbor's have dish? I'm wondering if you're getting some stray remote signals... especially if you're using the UHF remote.

i do have the uhf remote with the little antenna on the back but not sure if it is stray signals.... most of the folks around me are on cable... have had dish for about 6 months now and this is the first time it has done this

haven't had too many issue with the unit... it does reboot/search 4 new transponders more than i would like but not excessively so.... i hear some of the 612's do that....

I would try changing the remote's address (A/B switch inside remote battery compartment) or the code (1-16) to see if UHF interference is the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)