vip 612 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smitty23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
california
i have the vip hd/dvr 612.. i''ve noticed lately that it has been shutting off a lot :mad: . i would be in the middle of watching a program, it would freeze frame then cut off. is there a software upgrade, or some sort of signal that can be sent to the box to resolve this issue? feels like i have comcast again...

Weird. I have two 612's and neither do this, so I doubt it's software. Do you keep it in a well-ventilated area?

I just got a new 612 a few days ago, first time I ever had one. I am having some problems with it.

The browse and menu screens flicker when using them. Also, when fast forwarding or rewinding an image from when you first pressed the button appears when you increase or decrease the speed or press play. And it takes about a second for the sound to come on after pressing play. My 622 has none of these problems.

Do all 612s have these issues or is mine defective?

I would guess "defective" since my 612's don't do that either. Possible exception: I do have the 1 sec delay in sound after coming out of pause. But I also have the 1 sec delay in video as well, so that makes sense to delay both until they're both ready to play.

yeah mine is touchy ever since i got it it skips back almost all the way back to the beginning of my recordings whenever I use the skip back button. If you have it in a space with little to no ventilation it will shut down because it gets too hot.

I've been through 3 Vip612's I finally found that the freezing and reboots happen after i connect the OTA antenna. the last one I didn't connect the OTA antenna and I haven't had a lockup in 7 months.
I would like my OTA channels back..but

@ the krell the box is in a well ventalated area. i have a glass t.v stand that is exposed. it's weird because the commands like fast forward, rewind, pause all work fine. i would have it on a channel, and i would try and change it then it would freeze up then power cycle. hmmm wirdness i might give to live chat a go...

just spoke with a rep through online chat. i am having a replacement sent out... i decided 3 powercycles was 3 to many. so we will see how this replacement works out.

As i have posted on here, i've found that if you do stuff too fast with the 612, you will confuse it. Meaning it will freeze and reboot. I try and go slow with my DVR button pushes and it doesn't happen. I have an OTA antenna hooked up as well.

pfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts