Dish Store purchase question

rj321

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I would like to buy a 211K HD receiver. If I buy from the Dish Store:
1. Will I also have to buy a Card from Dish?

2. I already have a 722 and a 612 activated, will Dish charge me a monthly fee on this new receiver?

3. Will this new activation incur a new 24 month contract? I just finished my old contract.

The reason I need a new receiver is because my 508 will not work with my New EA dish.

Thanks

New receivers come with a card.

Dish charges a monthly fee on all receivers past the first one, no matter where you buy it from.

If you buy your own box your contract will not be extended unless you need new equipment from Dish (i.e. you buy HD and did not have HD satellite locations on your dish).

I would like to buy a 211K HD receiver. If I buy from the Dish Store:
1. Will I also have to buy a Card from Dish?

No. The receiver will come ready to activate

2. I already have a 722 and a 612 activated, will Dish charge me a monthly fee on this new receiver?

Yes, the same as your 508 that you're getting rid of below. $7 a month.

3. Will this new activation incur a new 24 month contract? I just finished my old contract.

Nope, no contract extension.

The reason I need a new receiver is because my 508 will not work with my New EA dish.

Thanks

Also be aware that activating the DVR function with an external USB drive that you provide will require a $40 one-time fee to DISH. No additional monthly charges though. I add that since you're using it to replace the 508 DVR. The 211K is not natively a DVR.

When I talked to a CSR he said that they would sell me a HD receiver for 149 dollars. There would be no contract extension and no monthly fee. I was looking to buy one cheaper from a site sponsor, and get the same perks. Thanks for the replies.

When I talked to a CSR he said that they would sell me a HD receiver for 149 dollars. There would be no contract extension and no monthly fee. I was looking to buy one cheaper from a site sponsor, and get the same perks. Thanks for the replies.

The CSR didn't know what they were talking about. You WILL be charged a 7 dollar monthly fee for the 211k whether you lease it from Dish or buy it from the Dishstore or Directly from Dish.

They probably meant no increase in monthly fees since you will deactivate the 508 and activate the 211. You indeed pay a fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts