vip 612 remote

Dr Pepper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Bowling Green KY
I have a vip 612 that came with a 6.4 pro uhf remote. Without going into it that remote is dead and not fixable. My vip 722 of course came with 2 remotes the second being a 6.3 uhf. Is this remote cabable of working the 612? If so how would i set it up so that it would work the reciever but not the 722?

Both my 612's came with UHF Pro 6.3 remotes, so the answer is a definite "Yes." Presumably you set your 722's UHF remote to a different channel number than your 612's remote. So, all you need to do, if you remember your 612's remote channel number, is to change the channel on the 6.3 remote to match and you're done. (Of course then you can't control the 722's TV2 without changing it back.)

Typically, the .x part of the model designation is there to give you an idea of what non-DISH devices the remote can control.

Both my 612's came with UHF Pro 6.3 remotes, so the answer is a definite "Yes." Presumably you set your 722's UHF remote to a different channel number than your 612's remote. So, all you need to do, if you remember your 612's remote channel number, is to change the channel on the 6.3 remote to match and you're done. (Of course then you can't control the 722's TV2 without changing it back.)

Sorry to be such a dummy but i have no idea how to do what you say. All i know is at present the 6.3 wont control the 612 and it controls the 722 in any room in the house. If you could provide instructions I would be grateful.

DISH Network provides instructions in manual form for both the remote and the DVR on their website. Look at "Manuals" under the "SUPPORT" tab on the DISH Network home page.

Dr Pepper said:
Sorry to be such a dummy but i have no idea how to do what you say. All i know is at present the 6.3 wont control the 612 and it controls the 722 in any room in the house. If you could provide instructions I would be grateful.

To set remote address:

On front of reciever press the menu button 2 times, this will take you to the system info screen.

hold the sat button on the remote till all 4 mode bottons flash on the top.

pick a number between 1 and 15 ( like 7) press it.

press the pound button, the lights will flash 3 time.

press the record button, sets the code.

Test remote.

To set remote address:

On front of reciever press the menu button 2 times, this will take you to the system info screen.

hold the sat button on the remote till all 4 mode bottons flash on the top.

pick a number between 1 and 15 ( like 7) press it.

press the pound button, the lights will flash 3 time.

press the record button, sets the code.

Test remote.

Dog Ate Remote. I had an extra 6.4 that was partially chewed but miraculously worked. Your instructions saved me. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts