Vip 612 shipped?

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Does anyone know if Dish will ship me a 612 receiver instead of having it installed?
i already have the setup, so i would just need a seperator and the receiver, but on my account page it does not list an option for shipping a 612.

Unless you are replacing another VIP receiver, they will want to send out an installer. When I "dished up" from an 811 to a 622 with an 18 month contract, there was no charge for the "install".

YMMV, Good luck, Eric

Yeah they dont like to ship them out but have the tech bring it out. Most of the time a dish upgrade is needed. Im in the same boat, they wouldnt ship it so I just bought it outright.

Last edited:
Why do you need a seperator? The seperator is ONLY for combining input 1 & 2 on a dual tuner, so that both can communicate with the dish using the same single cable.

612 shipped

i need a seperator, because right now i have a vip 211, so i would need the dish seperator to feed both inputs on the 612 right?

another question, is there any way to avoid agreeing to another 18 or 24 month contract if i upgrade my receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)