Vip 612 vs 722

crash331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
I apologize if this has been covered. i searched and didn't find anything.
===

I am about to sign up for DISH and they said I would get the 612 since I have a single TV. I have found random stuff about these 2 receivers, but I was hoping someone had some good hard facts about the differences and if it's worth it to push for the 722.

Also, what's the deal with the clubDish or whatever it's called.

If you're 2nd tv is going to be HD, then don't plan on the 722 covering that one too (only HD for TV1).

I have a 722 and the 612.

The 612 is essentially the same box, minus the TV2 out. The 612 actually has a feature that I wish they would hurry up and turn on the 722 (EHD foldering). Other than that, the only difference I have noticed between my two boxes (for what I have done with them) is when I hit the guide button a 2nd time on the 612, it doesn't cycle through my Favorites Lists (like on the 722), instead it brings up a list that you have to select your Favorites List. And the 612 doesn't have PiP.

. . . the only difference I have noticed between my two boxes (for what I have done with them) is when I hit the guide button a 2nd time on the 612, it doesn't cycle through my Favorites Lists (like on the 722), instead it brings up a list that you have to select your Favorites List.

On my 722, when you push the guide button the second time you do get the favorite's list to select which guide you want. I don't have a 612 so I don't know about that receiver.

HDD..

I apologize if this has been covered. i searched and didn't find anything.
===

I am about to sign up for DISH and they said I would get the 612 since I have a single TV. I have found random stuff about these 2 receivers, but I was hoping someone had some good hard facts about the differences and if it's worth it to push for the 722.

Also, what's the deal with the clubDish or whatever it's called.

Hard drive in 722 is considerably bigger than the 612 also...

when I hit the guide button a 2nd time on the 612, it doesn't cycle through my Favorites Lists (like on the 722), instead it brings up a list that you have to select your Favorites List.

This is a configurable behaviour.

Hit menu then 8 (Preferences) then 2 (favorites).

Selecting "Guide Button" will switch lists when pressing guide repeatedly, selecting "Guide Popup" will bring up a list with the favorites when you hit guide.

612 works great, But I would just spend the Extra 722. Doesn't cost any extra per month, and you get another SD TV hook up out of the deal. Plus More recording space. I have 3 HD TV's so I had no choice but add 2 -612's along with my 622.

OK. blast from the past on this topic but....One of My 722's died a few months ago and im contemplating on getting a 612 instead of a 722. The EHD size doesnt bother me at all but can the 612 do all the apps the 722 could and is the 612 just an additonal $7 charge instead of the $17 the 722k was? One last question does it support the Offcial Dish Wireless USB adaptor i bought for my 722k?

Here are the business rules for signing up as a new customer and getting this equipment. If you want a 722k and a 612 receiver you will have to pay a $99 upfront fee for the 612 and the monthly fee on the 612 is $10. If you went with two 722k receivers you would also have to pay a $99 upfront fee for the second 722k and the monthly fee that is $17.

SO, either way you will have to pay an upfront fee of $99 but you would pay $7 more a month for two 722k receivers. The second 722k receiver gives you an extra tuner and larger hard drive.

My 612 has been problem free except for a hard drive that died but if I was a new customer I would choose the 722 with only one receiver it won't cost you more .

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts