ViP 612 will not take a software download

Elroy

SatelliteGuys Family
May 11, 2009
Orbit City
I wanted to know if anyone else has had this same problem over the last couple days. I have not been able to get ViP 612 receivers to take a download. These have all been new receivers. I have gone through 5 receivers and none of them will take the software. Three-quarters of the way through the software download the receiver will shut off. The initial software is L060.

I have heard this same problem from several different installers and we have not been able to figure out a way to get them to download. This problem seemed to begin yesterday.

I appreciate any ideas that will get these receivers to take the software download.

I had a similar problem on 722s when eastern arc first came out. The only two ways to remedy it was to ether predownload the software from a western arc dish or to keep trying until it fully downloaded, it usually took 2or3 tries. To give you more specific and hopefully more helpful advice I need to know dish and switch configuration.

Problem Fixed?

I just received word that Dish Network fixed the problem with the 612. As I understand there was some sort of transponder issue preventing the software download. However, I have not been able to verify if it works.

I do agree. The 612 seems to be the problem child of the Dish Network family of receivers.

I had a similar problem on 722s when eastern arc first came out. The only two ways to remedy it was to ether predownload the software from a western arc dish or to keep trying until it fully downloaded, it usually took 2or3 tries. To give you more specific and hopefully more helpful advice I need to know dish and switch configuration.

I actually had that problem a few times myself. I ran into it quite a few times when Dish started using the 1000.4. That problem reappeared a few weeks ago on some new 722 receivers. First it shows 12 tests for the check switch and then it would not download. Turns out it was factory software that was incompatible with the eastern arc. It had to do with the software downloads being changed from 61.5 to 77. The only work around was to download from 119 and then install eastern arc.

Anyway, I experienced the issue with the 612 on a 1000.2, 1000.4, and a 1000+ w/DPP44. I even tried to run two lines to the receiver and bypass the separator, similar to a work around that existed to get the 942 to take a download.

I am always impressed with how fast I am able to get an answer from Sat Guys. I called a CSR earlier and they weren't even aware of the problem.

Thanks again.

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this same problem over the last couple days. I have not been able to get ViP 612 receivers to take a download. These have all been new receivers. I have gone through 5 receivers and none of them will take the software. Three-quarters of the way through the software download the receiver will shut off. The initial software is L060.

I have heard this same problem from several different installers and we have not been able to figure out a way to get them to download. This problem seemed to begin yesterday.

I appreciate any ideas that will get these receivers to take the software download.
Had that same situation yesterday. 612 check switched fine, but would not downlad. I am 40 miles from the shop, another tech drives a half hour to bring me one from his van, and boom, same problem. By now it was about 5 P.M. and most other techs were gone for the day. My fsm had me tell the customer that we would be back out this morning with another one. He said the software should be L606, mine was L060. I hope they fix this problem soon!

Had this issue today with a 612 - haven't put in a 612 for awhile before today - try to avoid them like the plague! Check switch came out fine....started to take initial d/l...message came on saying receiver is downloading software & not to disturb...15-20 min later still same message. Unplugged receiver, plugged it back in, locked on, took software download again and activated properly with no issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)