vip 612

remcar18

Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
tennessee
I HAVE HAD 7 OF THESE REPLACED. THEY CONTANTLY RESET. I HAVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. MY 722 WORKS FINE SO I KNOW ITS THE RECEIVER. I JUST RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT IT ONLY "RESETS" WHEN I'M WATCHING ESPN OR THE SPORTSNET CHANNELS. THE SERVICE TECH SAYS THESE RECEIVERS ARE A CONSTANT PROBLEM. IS DISH NETWORK WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM?

I don't know if you thought of this. If you have gone through 7 receivers there may be other issues besides the receivers. Ever check the outlet? Although your 722 is fine could be on a different leg of your electric service. Also, did any techs on service calls bother to replace the line to the 612? Could be a bad line or other underlying things with your install. Make sure there is plenty of ventilation by the receiver. Too much heat will cause it to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Jimmerinwi said:
I don't know if you thought of this. If you have gone through 7 receivers there may be other issues besides the receivers. Ever check the outlet? Although your 722 is fine could be on a different leg of your electric service. Also, did any techs on service calls bother to replace the line to the 612? Could be a bad line or other underlying things with your install. Make sure there is plenty of ventilation by the receiver. Too much heat will cause it to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have to agree. 7 receivers is a lot. It seems as if something else is working against you.

I HAVE HAD 7 OF THESE REPLACED. THEY CONTANTLY RESET. I HAVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. MY 722 WORKS FINE SO I KNOW ITS THE RECEIVER. I JUST RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT IT ONLY "RESETS" WHEN I'M WATCHING ESPN OR THE SPORTSNET CHANNELS. THE SERVICE TECH SAYS THESE RECEIVERS ARE A CONSTANT PROBLEM. IS DISH NETWORK WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM?

No real problems with my 612 but I don't watch ESPN or Sportsnet maybe you should try that?

Although the 612 is not the best damn receiver out there the issues you are having would not happen on 7 replacements consistently, software update is definitely needed for these but for minor buggy glitches that typically do not include what you are talking about. Get someone out there to test your system from top to bottom, replace cable, reallign dish, possibly replace a bad LNB (yes a bad LNB can affect only one receiver if multiple are connected to it) and go from there. Are the channels your having issues with HD? If so, do they both come across the same transponder? If thats the case I would turn my attention to the LNB and find the short but it could also be an issue with the electric outlet or surge protector it is plugged into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts