VIP 622 2nd TV?

LoBridge

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Alamogordo, NM
I just ordered a 622 and as this is my first DVR I had a quick question...

How would I connect a 2nd TV to the 622? It seems that the only output is RCA cables and it wouldn't seem terribly practical to try and find a set of RCA cables long enough to reach through the house...

If the solution has something to do with the "shared stereo Agile modulated output" or the "Dish Comm" items mentioned in the PDF about the 622 can you explain in laymans language what that is all about?

Sorry is this is a stupid question, but I am curious...

Thanks!

Phoenix1 said:
The second TV needs to be connected to the RCA outputs.
That is incorrect. The second TV will be hooked up via RG-6 and you will tune your TV to the channel that you specify on the 622...somewhere between channels 21 and 69.

You can:

A) Connect via RCA cables.
B) Connect via coax (RG-6).
C) Connect a transmitter to the RCA output jacks and the receiver box to the second TV's RCA input jacks.

You can "make" RCA cables using 6 strand Cat5 networking cable. Twist pairs and solder onto RCA jacks. It is thinner cable than coax and can be hidden easier.

KAB said:
You can "make" RCA cables using 6 strand Cat5 networking cable. Twist pairs and solder onto RCA jacks. It is thinner cable than coax and can be hidden easier.

What type of distance can you get on this type of setup without having to have a booster?

I've got a set running around I think 75 feet with no visible or audible quality loss. Looks better than the signal coming out of the Stereo Agile Output.

I am new and haven't got my 622 yet.

Would the installer ask me what I would prefer to do?Coax, RCA or transmitter? I would think coax will have better picture quality?

Thanks!

Actually RCA would have the better picture, but coax is much, much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)