VIP 622/722

WGFA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
PA
Hi all I am thinking about buying a 622 or a 722 to add to a second tv I have. My question is after I get it, what would my additional cost's be? Does Dish just charge an additional 5 os so bucks a month? Or do they charge u that and a new dvr fee also? Just wondering how much more my monthly bill will go up after I add an additional DVR. TIA

$5.99 DVR fee, $7.00 lease fee. If you have DVR advantage, one of the DVR fees is included plus locals, FWIW.

CORRECTION: If you purchase, no lease fee.

Last edited:
What additional receiver fee are you thinking about? It's all above.
The "additional receiver fee" is the one that you pay to have an owned receiver on your account. I'm not sure whether it is $5.00 or 7.00 for owned ViP receivers.

At best, there is a $24/year advantage to owning (and perhaps none) which would represent a ten year cost recovery (assuming that the DVR never failed in that period). Of course if you already have two ViP622/ViP722 receivers, your only choice is an outright purchase.

BTW, the DVR fee is $5.98.

It's $7.00 for an owned ViP receiver. You have to pay for an extra receiver if you lease or if you own it. The fee just has a different name but you have to pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts