VIP 622 and warranty issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
Just have to vent a bit so here goes. About a month ago I kept having intermittent problems with the VIP 622 DVR with lock ups and having to reboot. Numerous calls to DISH to resolve the problem. I was always told they needed the error codes from all the different times there was a issue so the problems persisted because I not always copied them down,

Sunday August 10th the DVR will not recognize the remote functions for the DVR functions. The screen states: " ERROR 311 an issue has been detected that may affect your ability to record or pause live TV. Unplugging the power cord for one minute may resolve the issue." Well, tried that several times and no resolution.

Call DISH today and explain the problem and that it has been ongoing for quite a while as my call records for my account will testify. I now have a Error code the tech can work with. He states the hard drive has failed and I need a new 622. That's fine, send one out.
He states the 622 went into service August 8th of 2007 and the warranty period is up. WTF? It is a leased unit, DISH owns it not me. "Sorry, the shipping bill is on you sir because the warranty is over." The warranty expired 4 days go on a continuing issue of over a month!

It is the principal of the whole issue. Continual ongoing problem with THEIR equipment and with a customer with the Everything Pac for the last 11 years. FIOS is at my door and I have 6 months left on the upgrade commitment. I may try it.

If it was not for all the bugs I have had with the VIP 222 and 622 I might feel differently but I have been on the phone weekly with DISH over issues since I have had the new HD equipment installed. And to top it off I did the upgrade specifically for the VOOM programming. Were is VOOM now?

Can't argue with the CSR so I bought the warranty for $5.95 a month incase it happens again. :upThank for letting me vent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts