ViP 622 audio problem with WNYW Channel 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Maxim

Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Hi,

I was trying to watch HD programming today on WNYW (channel 5 and 6303 in the New York area) however there's no audio. I suspect there's some problem with the digital sound stream coming from the optical output of the receiver. All other channels work fine though.

Dish support still suspected a problem with the receiver but said that unfortunately I will have to live with it until they make a fix available for download.

Curious though to see if anyone else has been experiencing similar problems?

By the way... during a commercial break one of the commercials was in plain old Stereo and that audio worked.

later,

Maxim

Sound problem with NY5 HD

Anybody in the NY area is having any problems with the audio of NY5 HD? I am trying to watch the All-Star game and there is no audio. I go to anyother channel and the sound is fine. Anybody with the same problems and a way to fix it?

I'm having the same problems with channel 5 and 6303. I just got off the phone with tech support and said he was logging a ticket for their support guys to take a look and if it doesn't come back in a few days to call back. I'll start complaining that I want a discount if they don't get it back quick. I've missed multiple games in HD because of it.

You guys hear anything new yet?

Mine too.... Call Dish. I just called and told them about the issue. The more people complain though, hopefully they can push out a fix QUICK. This was out over the weekend too. It sucks.

It kept flaking out during the All Star game for me too..... It would work sometimes, not work other times.

Something weird.... On my 5 yr. old Integra 9.1 A/V receiver, it usually says "Dolby D" on the display during HD content on the HD channels. During the problems, they must have had some weird tag problems as my display said -27db and then went to "THX Cinema". When the sound came back, "Dolby D" was back on the display. It sounds like someone at the main board at WNYW has no idea what he is doing, and was causing the problems...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts