Vip 622 Chords Question

constant L

Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
Im getting dish network installed on sunday and was wondering what video chords come with the 622? And is there a major difference when using HDMI compared to component?

It only comes with the normal coax and RCA cables.
I use HDMI and I think it looks good. I never used component so I'm not sure the difference.

chords wires whatever...thanks for the info thiggin...anyone care to comment on hdmi vs component on this machine....is there a big differnence?

Last edited:
chords wires whatever...thanks for the info thiggin...anyone care to comment on hdmi vs component on this machine....is there a big differnence?

Constant,

Chords are a series of Musical notes played together, but a Cord is an electrical wire. ;>)

HDMI and Component are totally different.

Component cables are analog and do NOT have the copy protection flag.

HDMI is totally digital so the receiver does not have to convert the digital signal to analog to transmit that signal down the cables connected to the TV and requiring the TV to convert the Analog signal back to digital. HDMI also has the Broadcast copy protection flag.

Now with that said some TV's look better using component cables and some HDMI. The difference can be subtle to barely noticeable.

HDMI has the advantage of being a ONE cable connection for Video and Audio. so you you don't have to run Three component cables as well as either a digital Audio connection or TWO Analog RCA cables.

John

ConstantL :welcome to satelliteGuys.

Got a tough set of responses for a first post ;)

As JohnL mentioned the difference can be difficult to notice. It probably is more a function of your TV than the 622. I use Component, since my HDMI port died, and have never really thought i was missing anything. the superbowl etc looks great on my 42 inch LCD.

JohnL, On the Single cable for HDMI i thought Dish had not implemented the sound over the HDMI cable. Not sure as i connect my 622 to a sound system.

I've tried both with my 942 and Sony Rear Projection TV and prefer component cables. I agree with gbjbany, that it depends more on the TV, and if you have the opportunity give both a try.

Mine didn't come with HDMI grrrr.

Mine didn't come with HDMI either. Bought one at a Radio Shack going out of business.

I use the HDMI cable to connect direct to the TV. Also, I hooked up the Componet cables direct to the TV so I have a back up or I can compare. I use the Optical to connect with with a Denon Receiver fro audio.

Scotty

Sounds works using HDMI with VIP622.

Yes, the sound works on HDMI, but currently it's only 2.0 channel stereo. On the "Tech Chat" last night, it was announced that the next software update will change the HDMI sound to 5.1. They also admitted that the HDMI standard ports are a flawed design and that they have made improvements to them so they don't break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)