vip 622 cracking/popping noise

golfwalt49

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
St Louis
I know this has been on here before but i just was reading some other thread and it seem this is a on going problem with all receivers. Doesn't dish listen to us or read these thread, i am on my third receiver in a month and want to call them again and complain, but don't really know what to say to them. There has to be a fix of some kind.

I heard the same thing when I was watching TV on my 722 on Friday night (both recorded and live tv). Miraculously, the noise went away on Saturday, so maybe it's just a glitch that goes away.

I have to wonder if since it has happened on now 3 receivers if it isn't something else in your setup. Is it run into a surround sound receiver? Does it happen in all speakers? Is it run into a TV? Does it happen with both HDMI and component cables?

if its the 3rd receiver, then it is not the receiver, but as wetz said, the method with which it is hooked up to your tv.

I have my 622 connected to my Sony AV receiver. The pops are sometimes quite loud and startling. I also have a Wii, a DVD player/recorder, a turntable, a 5 disc CD changer all hooked up to that same AV receiver. I don't ever get those pops except when watching TV through the receiver.

Oh... and yes I have moved components around to make sure it wasn't just that set of inputs on the AV receiver.

Last edited:
hi guys, yes i have tried the component cables, yesterday and had the the same thing, taking them back to walmart, i am hooked to the tv with the hdmi, and i have a DVD/vhs player hooked up to the the hdmi 2, i even disconected that and still the sound, Tighted all the connections, pluged into a outlet by its self, Man i have tryied everything, Even had the Hdtv replaced, The only thing i haven't tried and i was thinking about that this morning is the connections under the mobile home, there is a box there where the sat plugs into it and then another spinter, which runs the cable up to the receiver, maybe they are not tight, you know its not all the time but this morning i didn't have the sound on the tv and you could hear a click and click for the receiver box, like every few seconds or so. You guy have really been good on here. I checked the Direct Tv sight out also there is problems over there also(crackingand popping) I am going to call the techs again today, maybe have someone come out and check the outside connection and make sure those spinters are working like they suppose to. If that works will let you know.

Guys
I had the same problem as reported. 622 connected to Harman Kardon AV receiver. Channel changes would lead to very loud, ear hurting pops, followed by the AV receiver turning itself off (which I always found weird). I would also get a crackling noise during certain times of programs. Swapped cables, swapped 622's, same issue. Turns out the problem was with one of the circuit chips in the AV receiver. HK sent me a new one, and the pop's dissapeared.

So. Check your AV receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts