vip 622 dvd-r

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjahr01

Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
K, I tried searching but to no avail, I"ve got a vip 622 that runs my big screen in the family room by hdmi and then the spare tv in my bedroom by coax. What I want to do is record off of my DVR in the spare room onto a dvd burner. So i bought the burner and it states to run the coax from the satelite player in this case the wall because the coax runs from the satelite player under the house to my wall. So, from the wall to the dvd player and then from the dvd player coax and video and stereo cables from the dvd burner to the tv. So i've got nothing, but tv picks up satelitte through the dvd player on channel 116 still but not through the yellow video and stereo plugs but at the same time if i go to video 1 then the dvd pulls up, anyone know how I can get this to work, all help would be appreciated...

I'm not sure your question is understood.

1. You have a ViP 622 in the family room running HD via HDMI.
2. You have the 611 "stereo agile modulator (SAM)" feeding the TV2 output using Cable Channel 116, onto a cable that goes to the bedroom.
3. In the bedroom, the above cable goes to a DVD Player.
4. The DVD player has another coax that goes to the DVD burner.
5. The DVD Burner is connected to the TV via Video and Audio Cables.
6. You would like to make DVD's of the programming coming off of your satellite receiver.

A. Unless you really need to burn the DVD's in the bedroom, it would probably be better to put it next to the ViP 622 and direct connect using Video/Audio cables to burn. However....

B. The TV picks up the ViP 622 signal on Channel 116, through the DVD Player.
Besides the Video and Audio cables from the DVD Burner to the television, "Do you also have a cable connected from the DVD Player to the Television (full time)?

C. If so, it sounds like your bedroom television has multiple inputs and is currently set to pick up Channel 116 via the Ant/Cable connector. You may need to go into the bedroom television's menu program and select a video source, such as, Video 1, Video 2, Front A/V, Back A/V, etc....

sorry for the confusing post

family room: vip 622 which feeds through hdmi (tuner 1)

Bedroom: samsung tv which is fed by the vip 622 in the family room through coax using the second tuner, (chan 116)

I would like to add a dvd burner only to the second room tv so that I can copy off the dvr, don't want it in the first room because I want to be able to turn the tv on in the second room and burn dvd's while I watch tv in the other room, i'm busy.

The instructions on the dvd burner say to place the dvd burner inbetween the incoming coax from the sat box to the tv, but with that i'm not getting any signal from the dvd player because its only running with the coax, now if i add the video and stereo rca's and change it to vid 1 on the tv i get an image from the dvd player but nothing from the satelite which you would think i would because i've got the coax from sat coming into the dvd burner and out to the tv

Put the dvd burner in the living room and run the yellow red and white cables from tuner 2 into the burner. Will give a better quality picture to burner and you can still watch tv 1 while it burns from tuner 2.

osu1991 said:
Put the dvd burner in the living room and run the yellow red and white cables from tuner 2 into the burner. Will give a better quality picture to burner and you can still watch tv 1 while it burns from tuner 2.
Well thats what I did the first time, and it didn't work, didn't burn anything supposably, when I tried to play the dvd, it just kept trying to launch it and nothing ever happened.. I thought that somehow the 622 turned off the tuner 2 outputs when connected with the coax

I have all the outputs on my 622 connected and in use hdmi to hdtv1 components out to 2 other hdtvs and tuner2 composite to dvd recorder and coax modulated rf to sd tvs in house. Possible problem with your burner. Are you selecting the correct input on the burner? Are you using the right type of media for your burner. I have to use +r or +rw for mine but my sisters uses -r and -rw media.

Ref: 622 turned off TV2 Output....
It's been awhile since I set up my 622, but I kind of remember there's a timer that will turn it off if no activity for x number of minutes/hours. However, I doubt that's your problem unless you've changed the default to something very short and plus the 5th light (blue) on the 622 would then be off.

What is the model number of your DVD burner?
If it's a separate device from your burner, "What is the model number of your DVD player?"

Expanding on what OSU said, it sounds like:
(1) operator error - with DVD burner setup (menu selection and/or input selection)
(2) incorrect blank media for your device
(3) bad DVD burner

This post was moved from "The Dish Network Forum" to the sub-forum "Dish HD Discussions".

I think it should of went to the sub-forum "The Dish Network - Technical Forum" since it is all technical about hooking up a DVD Burner and a receiver that just happens to be a 622 HD receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)