ViP 622 DVR and Dish 1000.2

jmccall

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
I originally posted this thread at the Installer zone but I am looking for some more input so I am posting here.

Hello. I am having a horrible time installing my 1000.2 dish and the ViP622 DVR. I have peaked, re-peaked, and then peaked again the dish using my super buddy meter. All three satellites are locked with good signal. Down at the receiver things are not so good. I can only manage to get signal on 110. The other two satellites do not show up. They do show as conn but no confirmation of signal. I am about 75 feet from the dish using good RG6. I have connected directly to the receiver with one tuner and then with both tuners and have also used the separator. I have even run a third cable and also tried all the connection options to make sure it was not the cable. I have also used another LNB to eliminate that as a suspect. Any advice?

jmccall

It was mentioned that a bad separator or a bad 622 could be the culprit so here is my response.

I tried a new 622 and a new separator with no success. I actually swapped out the 1000.2 for a Dish 500+ and only have the DP 34 connected to the 119 LNB and I ended up with the same result. The test switch returned a 110 satellite only connected. I tried running the test switch with nothing connected to clear the tables and same result. Dish is peaked with signal on 110 and 119. The software version for the 622 is L405, I was not sure if that had anything to do with it. I am at a complete loss.

If you're only getting 110 after a check switch, then that means that the receiver is not properly operating the switch. 9 times out of 10 that means 1 of 2 things. Either a cable problem, which you have already eliminated, or a grounding problem. If the system is grounded, try removing the ground wire and run another check switch. When you run a switch test, does it go 1 of 4, 1 of 38, 1 of 50 or 1 of 1? Knowing this will help troubleshoot.

have you tried runing straight feeds from each of the LNB ( with out any switches) ? for example 119 do test it will say test 1 of 1 make sure it is there then 110 and 129

I have run cables directly to the receiver with no switch. When I originally connected the 1000.2 I only had on cable hooked up. The test only runs from 1 through 4. Even when I only had the single cable from the 1000.2 or the 119 cable from the 500+ the only satellite showing up is 110. I have confirmed with my super buddy I am locked on 119.

My software version is L405 and I cannot get it to download a new version. It is set to download overnight during inactivity standby but it has not downloaded.

Regardless whether it will download or not, the software is current enough to run a 1000.2. If you check switch is running 1 of 4, then that means the receivers IS communicating with the dish. Starting to sound more like a dish alignment issue.

it's sounds like your 119 and 129 getting blocked I'm dont use sat buddy meters but try re locating dish

los??

I am sure you probably looked at this already, but it sounds to me, after reading all you have done - that you might not have a clear los to those satellites. I would maybe take another look at your location and make sure there is no obstruction in your way. I've been on plenty of tc's where the tech mounted in a place that the chiminey was in the way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)