VIP 622 DVR Questions :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elementalwindx

Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Hello everybody. I have a couple small questions for whoever can answer them.

Say I have two recievers. One being your basic non-dvr 2 tv receiver and the other being my vip 622.

Now the basic receiver is in my bed room. Yet I have alot of dvr'd things I would like to watch. Is there ANY way I can get my tv in my bed room to watch whats playing on the dvr? Currently I have it setup to record everything for DVR on "tv2" which is not hooked into any tv, so that it wont interrupt anyone in the living room. I wish to not change this.

2nd question. Alot of the things it dvr's is on HD and for example Star Trek TNG in HD, it shrinks the video and doesn't use all the available space on my 40" samsung 1080p. Is there any way to make it use the entire tv while on sci fi HD?

Thanks guys :)

The 622 has a dual mode. Set it in dual mode and run a coax cable from the 622 TV2 output to the TV channel input on the remote TV. Tune the TV to the channel you have the 622 set to output on TV2. You will use the UHF remote control #2 to operate the TV2 output on the 622. This way you can watch anything in HD or SD on TV1 connected by hdmi or Component and SD only on the TV2 out for the remote located TV.

Filling the screen. Nearly all wide screen digital TV's have a function that allows you to ZOOM the screen. Use the TV's remote control and set the zoom amount you want to fill the screen. Understand that this will reduce the effective picture resolution and may also distort the aspect ratio depending on which setting you select. It is no different from those programs where the station zooms it for you. Just in this case it is your choice as to how you want to watch the program. Locally we have a TV station that zooms all SD programs to wide screen now and this makes everyone short and fat. They think that's what people want.