vip 622 ext hard drive (need help)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What happens when you plug them in? Do you get a popup on the screen? Have you tried a different USB cable? Have you tried both the front and rear USB ports. Did you try a reboot? Do you have a thumb drive laying around that you can plug in and see if it recognizes that?

I'm guessing that you're using one laptop-sized hard drives (2.5" drive + enclosure). Those will only work with a powered USB hub. The receiver doesn't supply enough power on its USB ports for a hard drive.

If you're using desktop hard drives (3.5" drive + enclosure), then I don't know what your problem is.

I asked this before...have you paid the one time charge for EHD? You never answered.

ok while having my ext hard hard hooked up.I put my jump drive in the front.that works fine.but when I got under the dish recordings it says this feature is not supported.what does this mean?

OK, only 1 USB device will work at a time. So try plugging in the external drive to the front (since we know that one works). Does your external drive have a power button? Is it on? Did you try a different USB cable?

What actual model external drives are you using? I see you say a WD 250 and a Seagate 160, but which one?

He's using laptop drives. They will not work. You need self powered, 3.5 in. drives, not USB powered.

can anyone give me a link where I can buy a drive to use on my vip 622.or point me in the right direction.
Any 3.5 in. external hard drive, except for Seagate, which has a sleep mode compatibility problem. Circuit City has a WD 500GB for $99.00 this week.

Any 3.5 in. external hard drive, except for Seagate, which has a sleep mode compatibility problem.

This can be turned off. I have three Seagate drives working just fine.

it is NOT a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)