VIP-622 freezing & locking up.. Dish says its "known issue"?

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I upgraded from a 522 to a 622, a couple of weeks ago. Right off the start the 622 started either freezing, or getting the guide and sound with no picture. Had to do a power cycle every time to fix. :mad:

Dish sending me a new box, but said this was a "known issue" with this box.

Geeze, I went thru all the bugs many years ago with my first 622 when it first came out. How can they still be working that issue out? :eek:

I wonder if you have another problem cause I only have to do a power cycle once every few months, if that.

Mine started out with the freezing, or locking up, then moved on to the inability to select my recordings. Got an error each time I hit DVR twice, however it would come back after repeated resets. Then the big one happened, lost all recordings and timers, they were just gone. Suspect the hard drive reformatted itself because it seems to be doing okay since the lost.

Of course I called Dish for a replacement, got a stateside CSR, she checked the receiver via my internet connection and stated the receiver had to be replaced. Took all of 2 minutes, did not have to go through a series of mickey-mouse steps to get to the fact it needed replacing. Gotta love the new diagnostics they can see through our ethernet connections.

did not have to go through a series of mickey-mouse steps to get to the fact it needed replacing. Gotta love the new diagnostics they can see through our ethernet connections.

Thanks, wasn't aware they could do diagnostics over the internet.
Never took the time to hook the up because I already have a slingbox.
Time to pick up a couple cat-5's ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)