ViP 622 HD issue with TV2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryanmf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
I've searched the 622 bug thread and the entire forum and I can't seem to find an answer.

I can view the HD channels on my standard TV2 that is hooked up to my Vip622. ( ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, etc...) However I cannot see the local HD channels. I get the program info, channel info and very clear audio. Just not seeing the video. Black screen only. I assume that since I can see the other HD channels that I would be able to see the local HDs as well? Anyone heard of this?

The OTA Tuner is NOT shared with TV2 as the receiver only has one OTA tuner.

Here is a trick if you want to watch local TV on TV2. Go to TV one and tune to the channel and hit record. Then go to TV2 and go to your DVR list and you can now watch the problem you wanted to see.

A pain I know but its a workaround.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Here is a trick if you want to watch local TV on TV2. Go to TV one and tune to the channel and hit record. Then go to TV2 and go to your DVR list and you can now watch the problem you wanted to see.

A pain I know but its a workaround.

Or... if you don't mind both TVs watching the same thing you can operate in "single" mode and see OTA channels on both TV1 and TV2.

CDH.

You could also go into the menu to the modulator setup. There turn on TV 1 and select the channel you want. This allows you to watch either TV 1 or TV 2 at the other locations. Press Menu 6-1-5. This also allows you to keep it in dual mode.

Give that a try.

csschrot said:
You could also go into the menu to the modulator setup. There turn on TV 1 and select the channel you want. This allows you to watch either TV 1 or TV 2 at the other locations. Press Menu 6-1-5. This also allows you to keep it in dual mode.

Give that a try.

You'd probably also want an IR repeater to control TV1 from the remote location.

But, if the remote user is gonna take over TV1 there's you might as well just operate in "single" mode (and both remotes will work).

OR, you since you have the program guide, that tells me that you subscribe to locals via E*. You can tune to them via the SD satellite local feed. TV2 is SD anyway.

If you have satellite HD locals available in your area, you can watch them on TV2, but it's still cropped and shown in SD.

So, you have lots of options.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I am not trying to see the OTA HD locals on TV2. I am trying to see the HD locals from E* on TV2. These are the Philadelphia locals on 61.5 in the 6000 range. They are also mapped down but when I try to watch either the mapped down channel or the E* channel all it get is sound, program info and no picture. ESPN2HD is also on 61.5 and I see it fine on TV2.

ChetK said:
If you have satellite HD locals available in your area, you can watch them on TV2, but it's still cropped and shown in SD.

So, you have lots of options.

That is what I am trying to do. Its just a black screen with perfect audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)