vip 622 HDMI troubles?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robert393

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Had my 622 for about a year now. I remember hearing some horror stories regarding HDMI not working properly, or working for only a short time then going "out".

Is this still a problem for others? Reason I ask is because mine went out the other day. *E sent a rep that replaced the 622, but after only a few min. the new 622 HDMI connect went "out". HE said I must have a bad cable????????

He wants me to use the component outputs, but I use them for my DVD.

They are sending another rep today and replace the 622 again, but I wanted to know if others are still having the HDMI issues, and if they are being told to use the component instead of HDMI......:mad:

Robert

This is my take on this HDMI issue. About a year ago most of the HDMI failures were hardware related but with the last rounds of software updates they manage to break the 211s and some 622s HDMI ports. So I would say that this time around it's software related and I would wait until the next software update comes and fixes it.

Since you already have one 622 replaced, I would say your problem is software related. It wouldn't hurt to replace the HDMI cable just to make sure it's not the cable. You can buy them cheap at www.monoprice.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts