VIP 622 hooking up 2nd tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sdietrich

Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Spring Hill, Kansas
Ok here it is. I am hooking up a 2nd tv in my garage using the Home Distribution port on the rear of the 622. I then am using diplexers to send the 2nd tv connection to my data panel in the basement where it is then connected to a dedicated cable going to the garage. When using OTA/Cable and tuning to the programmed channel on the second tv I get nothing but snow. I have tested the diplexers next to the VIP 622 and connected to the 2nd tv used in the garage with no problems but when I move the 2nd TV to the garage and hook it up I get nothing. The total cable run is about 125 - 135 ft. Is is possible that I need a amplifier? I know that the run going to the garage is good since I just recently disconnected standard cable from it. I appreciate the help in advance.

you don't need an amplifier. you mentioned the diplexers behind your receiver, how many diplexers do you have behind the receiver? having more than one would cause the system to not function correctly. correct hookup would have: at the receiver, single side of diplexer to wall, sat side to seperator, UHF/VHF to Home Distribution; at cable junction, single side to receiver location, sat side to satellite feed, UHF/VHF to garage. once that is set up correctly, at your receiver go to modulator setup (menu,6,1,5) and check what channel TV2 is set to. if necessary you can switch between cable and OTA at this point. set the TV in the garage to the same channel and see if you're still having problems. up to ~400ft you can still get decent picture, but over 300ft you start to lose quality. post back if you still have problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)