VIP 622 OTA Problems

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am having a problem and hopefully someone can help (seem to be having a lot lately...) I always thought it was my antenna at fault so I just purchased a Terk HDTVi antenna for my locals. When I scan with the VIP 622 I pick up the usualls: 3-1, 6-1, 10-1, 10-2, 17-1, 29-1, 57-1 (and a few spanish channels). Just for s&g I hooked the antenna up to the tv and picked up a whole slew of channels, some in HD that I never knew existed, and the channel I was searching for PBS. I hooked it up to the dish receiver and scanned again with no luck. Now my tv tells me my signal is about 80 on each channel which means there is no problem or signal dropout at all. Why won't my VIP 622 pick them up? Also if I try to manually tune any of these channels they come up no signal or "Channel Number: 0" and I cannot add the channel. I called dish but their reps are consistently useless.

The OTA receiver sensitivity of the 622 is known to be poorer than many of the ATSC tuners that are in production TV sets.

Good Luck, Eric

That is certainly disappointing. One would think that a satellite receiver would have a much better one than the built-in one on the tv.

Actually it was pretty much state of the art when they selected it for some of their earlier receivers. And about the time they introduced the ViP 622 it was still average. But of course as time goes by, some better tuners have come out. Still some other TV manufacturers still use the same OTA tuner chip.

Actually it was pretty much state of the art when they selected it for some of their earlier receivers. And about the time they introduced the ViP 622 it was still average. But of course as time goes by, some better tuners have come out. Still some other TV manufacturers still use the same OTA tuner chip.

Better than most dvrs that dont even have an OTA tuner :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)