VIP 622 Playback Cut Short on Recorded Events

bigtimber

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 3, 2003
big timber
While viewing recorded events, my 622 has cutoff the recording with considerable time left in the recording 4 different times. The DVR shows considerable time still available while in playback mode when it cuts off. I try and view the program again- but it cuts off again. Most of the recorded events play back just fine. Any suggestions.

While viewing recorded events, my 622 has cutoff the recording with considerable time left in the recording 4 different times. The DVR shows considerable time still available while in playback mode when it cuts off. I try and view the program again- but it cuts off again. Most of the recorded events play back just fine. Any suggestions.
bigtimber: is it the same program each time? When you playback and it stops does it just go back to the menu where you would start watching a dvr event or do you get a blank screen, possibly solid lime?
I've had several recorded events (I think they were ota) that showed 1 hour, 4 minutes; sometime in the playback, usually 20 or so minutes left, the screen would go back to the "start over" menu. It only happens sporadically on my 622 so I haven't worried about it. You might try a power cord reboot (pull the plug for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.) If it gets to be a problem you'll need to have the 622 replaced.

The truncated playback happens on one of my 722s and is typically 20 min short. The recording will say 1 hour but at 20 min to play it will jump to the end. You can press skip back or rewind to go to where it stopped. But this still won't get you the skipped region. Hope you can re-record yours.

This is why I always run though the recording (and leave it at/near the end of the movie) before I archive it to the external hard drive. That gives 2 place to check on the film later--the front and the back. It would be nice if they gave a go-to-the-end command.

The 2 722s get used differently--one records the daily and weekly shows and the other (failing one) records movies and shows for just me. Timers on each have a large number of seldom-seen movies set up. They failing one has twice lost its household key or failed to work with the EHD. It is a refurb, too. The key failure is simply fixed with a "hit" but another one and I'll ask for a replacement so I don't continue to waste my time. The last hit lost a Favorites list although not the F name.

It also has a habit of stopping recordings at 4:12 AM MT saying I stopped it, but I didn't and that is not the reset time.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)