vip 622 question

moviemax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I recently dove into the world of dvr and I have a question. I have it hooked to two tvs. My hdtv which is tv1 and my hitachi big screen which is tv2. When i first hooked it up and i wanted to record something, it gave me the option of which tv i wanted to record to and now it doesnt do that. when I want to record something, it automatically wants to record to tv1. Is there something i can do where it will give me the option of what tv i want to record to?

Keep in mind the 622 has 2 tuners (3 if you count the OTA tuner) and 2 distinct outputs. Don't confuse tuners and TVs! You can choose which tuner to prioritize for recording. Most use tuner 2 for one recording and tuner 1 for a second simultaneous recording. You also have great flexibility as to which tuner TV1 or TV2 is watching. The operation is quite different in the "Single" vs. "Dual" modes, and you need to used "Shared View" in some cases. The User's Guide explains it all fairly well...

ok thanks for your help. also, i have an ota antenna hooked up but the channels dont show up on my tv2 guide. is there a way to make them show up or do they only show up on the tv1 guide?

ok thanks for your help. also, i have an ota antenna hooked up but the channels dont show up on my tv2 guide. is there a way to make them show up or do they only show up on the tv1 guide?
They won't. Local HD OTA will be on TV1 only. TV2 is SD only.

Further - the OTA tuner will appear "live" only on TV1 (hence you see the OTA programming, HD and SD, only on the TV1 guide), but you can watch it on TV2 by recording the show from TV1 (start the OTA recording from there) then watching the delayed recording on TV2. That delay can be whatever the minimum is. TV2 is SD and down converted HD, meaning that you can watch HD programs on TV2. Use the * key on the remote to toggle between the normal and stretch modes to best fit your TV2 screen size and preference. All three tuners can record in HD...

I have A vip622 dish 1000 system my hdmi output wont work tried 2 cables only A black screen when i switch tv inputs also my hd signal keeps breaking up had dishnet out replaced th single lnb reaimed dish but keeps happening each serv call is $20 any ideas will help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)