VIP 622 to 2nd HDTV

ironleg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2004
I have currently two TV's connected to my VIP622 with HD .

The 1st TV is a Sony 50" connected to the HDMI which is getting great HD.

The second TV is currently not a HDTV.

I just purchased a new HDTV an would like to have HD on the 2nd TV output. I only have one RG6 cable running from the VIP622 to the 2nd TV currently.
The TV is about 75' from the unit.

What would you recommend to run to get the HD on my new HDTV.

Thanks in advance!:)

TV2 output is not HD. Run component cables to the second HDTV. It will be the same output as on the HDMI cable but at least you can get HD on either tv that way. Just can't watch something different on both tvs at the same time.

Will I lose quality or signal in 75' with component cables. I was told you would?

Will I lose quality or signal in 75' with component cables. I was told you would?
On a 25' component run my video was perfect but I picked up a hum because the audio is analog. It ended up being caused by a ground loop.

When you want HD video around your house you have two choices which both have shortcomings.

HDMI cabling works well and there are amps. Big drawback: IF a content provider were to ask, Dish would be required to implement HDCP protocols that could stop any but one hdmi TV being used at a time.

Component cabling works and there are amps for that too. Drawback: IF a content provider were to ask, Dish would be required to implement HDCP protocols such as reducing component video to 480i or making the receiver output only hdmi OR component signals but not both at the same time. The cable box I have to use for local baseball is programmed that way right now.... At least it was until the Padres failed to make the playoffs. Now however Dish has all the games and the cable box is going back in a day or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)