VIP 622 troubles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shaunnashaun

Original poster
May 31, 2008
I have a VIP 622 on dual mode, and it is freezing, the screen freezes in both rooms and the remote as well as the buttons on the receiver will not un lock it. I got a replacement receiver, another 622 and it is doing the same thing. I have a total of two receivers running in my house, they are both on dual mode and the other receiver, not a 622, is working just fine.

I checked the temp on my new 622 that is still freezing, high 122
Avg 111
low 102
it is in an enclosed cabinet, but I leave the door open.
any suggestions?

Do you leave the cabinet open all the time, or only when you are using it? If the receiver has to record something, or you are using TV2 (or just keft it on) it makes just as much heat as when you are using it. Rhose temps seem pretty high to me, but I don't have a 622, and haven't recently checked the temps on one to see what normal temps would be. You might want to think about relocating it to a more open location. Other possible causes are incorrect grounding (or not grounded at all), or improperly wired electrical outlets. (Or you just got unlucky and had 2 bad 622 receivers).

What are the circumstances under which the 622 freezes up?
Right away?
After it has been on for awhile?
Random channels or particular channels before the freeze up?
When you change channels from Dish to OTA?
When watching a recording?
What are your signal strengh numbers for your satellites?
Are you using a surge protector or UPS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)