Vip 622 Video output question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hightech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Midwest
Ok, my situation is this, I currently have one Vip622 and one 522 reciever, the HD is in the family room and the 522 is in my bedroom, last week I purchased a new 32" LCD for the bedroom (HD of course) and I called to see about getting another 622, they said I am out of luck until december unless I want to pay full price for the reciever (which I do not) so I am looking for a temp solution till december gets here, my wife uses the dvr's in full force meaning most the time there are 4 things recording at all times, anyway, I will HAVE to have a vip622 (or 722) in the bedroom when the time comes available but I was wondering since we rarely if ever watch both tv's at the same time, could I just run a HDMI cable from the family room 622 to the bedroom, to get me by until I can replace the 522 reciever in Dec. So the big question of the day is, before I spend some case on a 50' hdmi cable, does anyone know if the vip622 outputs to the component and hdmi at the same time, since my family room tv only has component connections, the hdmi is currently not being used and the new tv has hdmi connections. If possible this would allow me to keep my current 522 connected for the dvring my wife will be doing, while I can enjoy HD when needed in the bedroom.

TIA

Thanks for the quick reply, I will purchase a hdmi cable then to get me by till december.

Thanks
again

Gary's comment is correct, they told me I had to wait a year from the time I used the dishn it up promotion to use it again, which will be december.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)