VIP 722 DVR Selection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mt_100

Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
West Michigan
We have the VIP722K system and two TVs on it. The problem is we want to set the DVR to record and go to bed.

What is bugging us is that we have to select the preferred DVR, 1 or 2, in the Record Plus preferences and that is the default for both DVR units. So we are laying in bed watching one show, want to record another and need to change the preference before setting up the timer to use DVR1 while we watch DVR2.

Then back in the living room the next day we have to set the preference again before setting up a timer.

Is there a way to just have it ask which DVR I want to record to when I set up the timer? Seems like that is the way it should really work if you have two TVs on it.

Are you only ever watching one TV at a time? If so, and if the 722K works like the 622, you could put it in single mode and turn shared view on. Then you'd always be watching tuner 1, unless you hit the swap button to watch tuner 2.

No. frequently we watch both TVs otherwise your solution would be perfect.

To me, this is a bit dumb. I understand the need for the preference but disabling the Record Plus feature should cause it to ask you what DVR to use when setting up a timer.

It does ask if you record a show after it starts which is fine if I am there to start it and don't need a timer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)