ViP 722 Folders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When recording shows to my DVR, is there a way to group the shows into folders, similar to how DirecTV and TiVo do it?

Yes, like TiVo, you have to turn on this feature (it is called Groups) and it works like TiVo in that Dish DVR's will automatically group all recordings with the same name into one group.

In addition, you can create Custom Groups: You can create and give a title to a group and set timers to automatically put those recordings into that Custom Group after recording or add any previous recording to that Custom Group. For example: Create Group for each person in the household separating mom's soaps and Oprah from Johnnies tenn-age junk from dad's crime shows and sports. You can use the Custom Groups for whatever you want such as a Group for Comedies, Crime Shows, Sports--whatever your hear desires.

And, finally, a separate feature allow you to rename ANY recording on your DVR. It is the rename feature. It would be nice of TiVo could have all the folder and Custom Group option of the Dish DVR's.

It would be nice if the recording rename allowed more than an initial capital and more than 14(?) letters.
If you rename it you can not undo it so that it can then be part of a name group, again--a one-way process.
That letter limit also applies to searches. All this AFAIK.
Please allow custom groups on an EHD.
-Ken

One thing that irritates me is that when you create and use custom groups, the groups are listed in the order you created them, not alphabetically. Also (as previously mentioned), custom groups do not get propagated to the EHD. It seems to me like the feature was only half implemented.

try pressing the "swap" button while looking at the list. It is sortable and the sort does indeed extend to the EHD.

I just received a replacement receiver (722Kwith software version L687) and when I went and looked at the EHD, it had shows that I has moved there saved into folders. I came here to look for a way to do the same thing on my 722 DVR which has software version L677 installed. Perhaps this is something new with L687?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts