Vip 722: Jump Back issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
Recently I've seen something really odd with the "jump back" button on my remote. Normally clicking this button rewinds about 3 seconds or so. Last night when I clicked it, the show went FORWARDS three seconds.

Later when I tried it on a different show it worked correctly again. Anyone else see this?

Three seconds? Normally the jump back does 10 seconds while the skip forward does 30. The functions have been messing up off and on for years now. Dish doesn't seem to get them to be consistent. Mine has gone so much as to skip and jump back several minutes as to what they are supposed to.

You're probably right that it was 10 seconds. It is strange though that the behavior changed depending on what I was watching.

I do wish that the DVR had an automatic backup feature to compensate for reaction time when fast forwarding.

You're probably right that it was 10 seconds. It is strange though that the behavior changed depending on what I was watching.

I do wish that the DVR had an automatic backup feature to compensate for reaction time when fast forwarding.
'

yes, i miss that from my tivo,

but i hear that is a tivo exclusive

Yes, 30 sec forward and 10 back. In pause it is about 1 frame forward and 2 sec backward.
Especially with paused MPEG-4 it will jump around, often up to 10 sec back and either way forward.
This might be to get in sync with MPEG-4 key frames as I seldom see it with MPEG-2.
Just a thought,
-Ken

Recently I've seen something really odd with the "jump back" button on my remote. Normally clicking this button rewinds about 3 seconds or so. Last night when I clicked it, the show went FORWARDS three seconds.

Later when I tried it on a different show it worked correctly again. Anyone else see this?

I too am having issues with my jump back and foward buttons. Back is supposed to be 10 seconds, foward is 30. Sometimes if I hit foward once too many times, that should be 3 back presses normally. For some reason it will sometimes be 6 or 7 back presses. I can't tell if its my forward too much or back not enough, but I am seeing an issue with my 722 receiver. Maybe there was a bad software update recently?

I miss the adjustable jump forward button on the MOXIs. You could adjust it from 30 seconds to one minute and up. I had mine set to three minute jump. Usually one push of the button took you thru the commercial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)