VIP 722 loss of signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

paulinespens

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
KY
Hi all. I turned on my VIP 722 receiver yesterday to find out it wasn't working and that it isn't getting a signal. It was working Sunday. I called dish yesterday and have to wait to Friday for someone to come out. I think thats unacceptable but another story.

I have checked the dish and made sure everythings plugged in ok. I have reset the box.

Does anyone know of any problems with this receiver? I have a feeling its a software update problem

Thanks

It's not software. Out of date software can cause glitches but not total signal loss. As for what could be the problem....not to sound sarcastic but it could be anything from the rec to the lnb or any part inbetween. The coax will have dc voltage going through it, you could test for voltage at the dish or ground block....set your multimeter for 25v dc. I always test the rec's output first and then check at the dish and work back from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)