Vip 722: No volume!

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
Just recently I've been seeing some disturbing behavior on my new 722. The audio volume suddenly disappears completely. I was watching a recorded program with normal volume and then I switched to resume another recording. The resumed recording suddenly had ZERO volume. This was particularly odd since I was watching the show earlier in the day and the volume was fine.

I switched to view live TV which had no volume. Changed channels, played back other recordings, everything had no volume. I didn't want to reboot the unit yet since it was recoding something so I switched to view the show being recorded and suddenly the volume came back. I went back to the show I originally wanted to resume and it too now had volume again.

I had hoped this was a rare fluke but this morning it happened again. Switching around as I described before didn't help this time. It wasn't recording so I did reboot the system and the volume did come back.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Is it a 722 problem or something associated with this version of software?

Just recently I've been seeing some disturbing behavior on my new 722. The audio volume suddenly disappears completely. I was watching a recorded program with normal volume and then I switched to resume another recording. The resumed recording suddenly had ZERO volume. This was particularly odd since I was watching the show earlier in the day and the volume was fine.

I switched to view live TV which had no volume. Changed channels, played back other recordings, everything had no volume. I didn't want to reboot the unit yet since it was recoding something so I switched to view the show being recorded and suddenly the volume came back. I went back to the show I originally wanted to resume and it too now had volume again.

I had hoped this was a rare fluke but this morning it happened again. Switching around as I described before didn't help this time. It wasn't recording so I did reboot the system and the volume did come back.

Are you using component or HDMI?

I'm using HDMI to connect to my TV.

I didn't check to see if other audio connections were working. Next time it fails I'll do that.

I'm using HDMI to connect to my TV.

I didn't check to see if other audio connections were working. Next time it fails I'll do that.

Yep, try connecting the receiver with component that way you can check if it's the HDMI connection or it's the receiver not outputting audio in any of the ports.

I had this happen also. I was watching tv on tuner #2.

Not sure if it is related, but watching A&E HD on tuner #2 and have to crank the volume up 2 times of a station like USA.

happened to my wife,I reset the receiver by holding the off button on the receiver.after an eternity rebooting,the problem was gone.

I have experienced audio loss on my 622 occasionally and I have to reboot to get it back. I can't recall losing it while watching or switching between channels or programs, but have turned on the tv after dinner and there would be no audio. I would estimate I have had this happen about 6 to 8 times over the past year and a half.

I have had many audio and video problems using the HDMI connection. Since I have hooked everything up via component and digital optical audio I haven't had any of these issues. (Fingers crossed):D

Every once in awhile I loose HDMI audio, I just cycle through Video inputs and audio comes back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts