VIP 722 not working + other troubles.

donniele74

Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
Va
My VIP 722 DVR stops working at random times usally if i unplug it for a day it will work later for a few days. I have had this DVR 2 years+ i belive i would like to get it replaced one of its remotes eat through batteries (no stuck buttons) i do not pay for the b/s home pretection plan so would they replace it? I don't want to pay any upgrade fees for a new one or newer model.

Maybe i should sign up for the home protecton plan and wait a few days or week then call and tell them about it? Im looking for the cheapest option.

I had to sign another contract to get a second receiver a 322G, i keep getting billed a extra $5 a month at random months it is hooked to a phone line 24/7 in there faq it says you can hook it up the internet will i don't see a jack for that on the 322 that i have, i use VOIP and i think thats why it is not dialing out sometimes but i do see where it dials out all the time on my Vonage bill so why are they charging me a extra $5 bucks "only some months now" not every month.

How much does it cost to cancel a contract? I almost think it would be cheaper. I have thought about switching to D

Any advice?

My VIP 722 DVR stops working at random times usally if i unplug it for a day it will work later for a few days. I have had this DVR 2 years+ i belive i would like to get it replaced one of its remotes eat through batteries (no stuck buttons) i do not pay for the b/s home pretection plan so would they replace it? I don't want to pay any upgrade fees for a new one or newer model.

Maybe i should sign up for the home protecton plan and wait a few days or week then call and tell them about it? Im looking for the cheapest option.

I had to sign another contract to get a second receiver a 322G, i keep getting billed a extra $5 a month at random months it is hooked to a phone line 24/7 in there faq it says you can hook it up the internet will i don't see a jack for that on the 322 that i have, i use VOIP and i think thats why it is not dialing out sometimes but i do see where it dials out all the time on my Vonage bill so why are they charging me a extra $5 bucks "only some months now" not every month.

How much does it cost to cancel a contract? I almost think it would be cheaper. I have thought about switching to D

Any advice?

My 722 started this also. It was the hard drive heating up and getting ready to go out. If i unhooked it for 24 hours and then put a fan on it the thing worked for quite a while. You need to get a new one. If you sign up not for the DHPP and then call them you might have problems with them. If yuo take the cover off and put a fan on the hard drive it will probably work for a while. then you can call. These units do not do well in a cabinet and must have very good ventilation.

Do a tech support chat and they will usually offer the HPP if you act put out. Then they'll ship you a 722 at the HPP plan price right there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts