VIP 722 Point Dish Screen Issue

JrC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2006
HowlerVille, MI
I have seen this issue mentioned a couple of times in the past. I was wondering how many have seen this. I don't think the issue is restricted to the VIP 722. I first saw it on my VIP 622 that the 722 replaced.

When I go to the point dish screen on my VIP 722 to look at the signal strength for my HD LOCALS (61.5 Transponder 3 which is a spot beam) I get no signal. I know that there is a signal because 1) I receive the Detroit HD locals that are delivered on it. 2) The Dish Network field tech said that it is good according to his monitor.

Who else has seen this behavior?

Thanks,
Jim

How long did you leave it there? There is a delay in locking onto spotbeams in that screen. It has taken my 722K up to 15 seconds to get a signal. It should eventually come up and it doesn't affect your viewing.

I have seen this issue mentioned a couple of times in the past. I was wondering how many have seen this. I don't think the issue is restricted to the VIP 722. I first saw it on my VIP 622 that the 722 replaced.

When I go to the point dish screen on my VIP 722 to look at the signal strength for my HD LOCALS (61.5 Transponder 3 which is a spot beam) I get no signal. I know that there is a signal because 1) I receive the Detroit HD locals that are delivered on it. 2) The Dish Network field tech said that it is good according to his monitor.

Thanks,
Jim

from Detroit, how far is it to your town? Reason I ask is you may be at the edge of the spot beam pattern of TP3..It does occur.
other considerations..The dish may be out of alignment., This can cause loss of TP's..Also, the LNB may be malfunctioning and may need to be replaced.

Thanks,
Jim

YES!
I'm in the Flint DMA and it's been the same thing here for about 6 months (?). I posted here twice about it and never had any meaningful replies. Our locals are also on 61.5/TP-spotbeam 03. Used to show the ss on the point dish screen like all the rest but no more. It always took a bit before it showed up but it DID show up. I did discover if I swap back & forth between TV1 & TV2 it'll momentarily show a ss, sometimes red, sometimes green. I'm GUESSING the # that shows then is the ss. I don't know how an installer would find the ss for the locals here.:confused:

Ed

BTW, the signal must be ok because I haven't lost my locals from Dish since my separate 500 for 61.5 and a 1000.2 was replaced with a 1000.4 in the Spring.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed some of the replies.

I am in Howell, MI. Howell appears to be in the middle of the spotbeam.

Thanks for the replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)