VIP 722 TV2 will not work on one of my Tvs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
We have the TV2 tuner going to the guest. In that room we have a cheap 13 or 15 inch CRT Tv that's a couple of years old. It gets the TV2 just fine on channel 60. Recently I freed up a 26 inch CRT HDTV and decided to put that into the room. Its a Samsung and about 5 years old. I hook it up to the same cable and nothing on channel 60. Did all kinds of channel scans. Yes, the DVR was on. I unhooked the Samsung and hooked back in the old TV and the tuner shows up. Very strange. All I can guess is that the Samsung looks for a digital channel before tuning in the analog and maybe that's throwing it off. Anyone else had a problem with a Tv showing the TV2 tuner?

I made sure it was on Cable. I went through the setup and had the cable in the right input and picked "Cable - None". I switched the input with the cable and everything. Very strange.

It should be set to air/OTA & the TV tuner must also work with NTSC (analog) signals. Some TVs only work with digital or have no tuner at all.

No, its gets cable just fine when I had cable. So it works with NTSC. Maybe it should have been set to OTA and not cable. I could try that.

The default TV2 output is for Air/OTA on channel 60. If you want to use cable change the output of the receiver to Cable and channel 73.

Cablecos generally use QAM. Channel locations are slightly different than OTA.

I know you said you did a channel scan but I have a situation with my 722 tv2 hooked up to 2 CRT tv's on one I have to use channel 25 which is the channel output I selected on the other tv I have to use channel 76

Bob

OK... I have a blinding idea...

You say the TV is Set to CABLE ... is that after a Set Top Cable Box that outputs the cable channels to the TV on normal channels 2 or 3 or 4?

IF SO...

Then when you set the TV to receive the channel from your Set Top Cable Box in that configuration the TV could be in either CABLE or ANTENNA mode and work ...

So... IF perchance it is assumed that it is in CABLE and really ANTENNA in the setup of the TV then the change is indeed in the TV that needs to be set to CABLE and scan for the channel 60...

Either that or set the output of the DVR to channel 2 - 13 and set the TV accordingly...

Just my 2 cents .. Ted...

you know even calling the csc would have been quicker than this wait for an answer.
the newer tvs can take awhile to auto program even if it was set to cable and you did a full scan the feed would have come through on channel 116 even if the rec is set to ch 60 air

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts